Grasshopper Online Live Training - Grasshopper Level-2
Join Simply Rhino's experienced Grasshopper3D trainers to continue your Grasshopper journey with our live online certified course: 'Advancing your Parametric Knowledge Data trees, Form-Finding and Meshes'.
Why You Should Choose a Live Grasshopper for Rhino Training Course
- Online Grasshopper Courses from Simply Rhino Training are all Live sessions with our Rhino3d Authorised Trainers
- This live and interactive delivery format allows for discussion and timely questions. We record the sessions too, so you can go over the material again and as required following the class; so we’d say this is the best possible online learning approach, first live and then access to recordings of your courses
- This approach is far more effective than the Pre-Recorded / On-Demand method alone, just imagine being in a lesson but not being able to ask a question as it comes to mind... how much would you really learn?
- Having a dialogue with your Rhino3d Instructor is a key part of your learning experience with Simply Rhino, we encourage you to ask questions whenever you like, during or after the class
Level 2 - Course Introduction
The aim of this course is to provide you with an in-depth understanding of Grasshopper3D and two of its main plugins, Kangaroo and Weaverbird, giving you a full grasp of parametric modelling, form finding and mesh manipulation.
Throughout the course, we will look at the underlying logic behind Grasshopper, including its complex data tree structure, irregular surface paneling, meshes modelling and genetic algorithm.
The class is aimed at people who have already undertaken our Grasshopper level 1 Course or use Grasshopper in their work on a daily basis. It is also preferable to have an intermediate level in Rhinoceros.
Although Grasshopper is mostly used for design, the class is about parametric thinking and workflow and therefore is not addressed at a specific profession. Over the past several years of delivering GHL2 we have had architects, engineers, industrial designers, jewellery designers, contractors, project managers and artists attending the class.
Course Outline and Objectives
We will also look at physics simulation and optimisation through Kangaroo, including planarization, form-finding and bending forces to reproduce material behaviour within the parametric model and create construction-aware geometry.
We will look at mesh subdivision with Weaverbird to model tree-like structures. We will also show you how to develop your own set of tools through user objects.
Although the class is based on a pre-defined schedule, each class is always different depending on the audience and requests happening throughout. We will make sure that the class matches your expectations and ambitions with the software.
Most importantly, we want you to leave the class inspired and ready to use and create with the software at all stages of design.
Download Course Outline PDF
Next Grasshopper Level 2 Online Training Class Dates
Grasshopper Level 2 Online - The Course Consists of 7 x 3-hour Evening Sessions. These Evening Sessions are one per week for 7-weeks. Time: 18:00 to 21:00 British Summer Time (*BST).
*Not Based in the UK? To See How BST Compares to your Time Zone You Can Click Here and Check.
Next Class Date:
Class Commences on Wednesday 12th August 2020 and continues on the following 6 x Wednesday evenings: 19th August; 26th August; 2nd September; 9th September; 16th September & 23rd September.
There will also be a pre-class Orientation of approx 15 minutes where we meet online to test all of the connections, make sure you are familiar with joining the online class and to describe how the class will work over the coming sessions.
Booking Information - See Below for Course Price and How To Book
Online Trainee Requirements
Before Attending Our Online Class Please Check That:
- You have access to a good reliable internet connection
- Ideally you should have two-screens, one running Rhino/Grasshopper and one to follow the trainer on (having the instructor appear on an iPad or Tablet can also work well)
- You should have a comfortable set-up as each session is 3-hours
- Ideally you should join the live training with an active WebCAM plus a head-set with an attached microphone for clear communication.
- Ensure you test your set-up in the days prior to the class, if you would like to test the link with us then let us know, we are happy to help
About Simply Rhino Online Training
- Student numbers to Online Training Classes from Simply Rhino are strictly limited and our students can expect individual support.
- Our Certified Rhino Instructors have trained 1000’s in Rhino & Grasshopper, in fact they’re the most experienced Rhino3d instructors you’ll come across.
- We use GoToMeeting as the hosting solution for our online classes, it’s a reliable and professional commercial solution for the delivery of online classes, among other useful tools it allows for Screen Sharing so the Instructor can (should you give permission) see and comment on your work just as they would in the classroom.
- Additionally, each online class booking includes an opportunity for a one-hour 1-2-1 session with our Rhino3d tutor at an agreed mutually convenient time (outside of the main class hours)
Course Price and How To Book
Course Cost is £500 + VAT, per attendee.
Book Online Here.
The Educational Cost is £300 + VAT, per attendee. You must be in full-time Education/Educational employment to qualify.
Book your Educational Place Online Here.
For EU or Non-EU Area Invoicing where VAT is not due please follow appropriate link below:
£500 with No VAT
£300 with No VAT Educational Place
Alternatively you can call us now on 020 8498 9900